The Ngee Ann Kongsi gives out scholarships and bursaries annually to deserving Teochew students. Scholarships are given to students with excellent academic results, strong in co-curricular activities and display leadership qualities. Students with good academic results and who are in need of financial assistance may apply for the bursaries.
Who are eligible for The Ngee Ann Kongsi Tertiary Scholarships/Bursaries?
1. Student must be a Teochew and Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident of Singapore,
and of good character and conduct.
2. Student must be studying full-time or has been admitted for a full-time programme in:
(A) NUS / NTU / SMU / SUTD / SIT / SUSS; or
(B) Singapore / Ngee Ann / Temasek / Nanyang / Republic Polytechnic.
3. Student applying for bursary must attain a pass for each subject.
4. Student must only apply for Scholarship or Bursary and not both.
5. Application from student in receipt of CDC/CCC/MOE bursary may be considered by the selection panel.
Value of the Awards
For one academic year only
Up to S$10,000.00
Up to S$5,000.00
Up to S$4,000.00
Up to S$2,500.00
NOTE: The Scholarship/Bursary is not automatically renewed for subsequent academic years.
The Scholarship/Bursary shall only be used to pay the tuition fees.
Applicants are reminded to mail the completed application form & photocopy of their supporting documents to:
The Ngee Ann Kongsi Tertiary Scholarships & Bursaries for AY2018/19
The Ngee Ann Kongsi
563A Balestier Road
Important Dates of The Ngee Ann Kongsi Tertiary Scholarships & Bursaries for Academic Year 2018/19
Acceptance of Applications: 1st June – 14th June 2018
Closing Date of Applications: 5pm, 14th June 2018 (Post-marked date)
Interviews: Saturday, 14th July 2018 & Sunday, 15th July 2018
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified by email to attend the interviews.
NOTE: Failure to attend the interview is deemed as withdrawal.
Please provide photocopy of the following documents to be submitted with the application:
1. National Registration Identity Card – (NRIC, front & back).
2. Birth Certificate.
3. Proof of admission to Polytechnic or University (for 1st year students only).
4. Singapore – Cambridge General Certificate of Education “O” Level Certificate and/or Result slip or equivalent.
5. Singapore – Cambridge General Certificate of Education “A” Level Certificate and/or Result slip or equivalent.
6. Polytechnic and/or University results for all semesters. (With Cumulative Average Point or Grade Point Average)
7. Testimonials, co-curricular activities record, proof of awards received, etc.
8. For Bursary applicants, please submit proof of income for the household. All information on income must be
a) Employer’s certification letter; OR
b) Pay slip (preferably the past 3 months); OR
c) The latest income tax statement; OR
d) CPF statement of the past 12 months (if a, b, c are not available).
For self-employed family member, please attach a self-declared income letter.
Award Ceremony: Saturday, 4th August 2018,11.30am at Ngee Ann Secondary School Auditorium,
1 Tampinese Street 32, Singapore 529283.
Successful applicants who failed to attend the award ceremony without a valid reason shall be deemed to have withdrawn their applications.
Applications open on 1st June 2018 for AY2018/19.
Early, late, incomplete applications will not be considered.