The Ngee Ann Kongsi gives out scholarships and bursaries annually to deserving Teochew students. Scholarships are given to students with excellent academic results, strong in co-curricular activities and display leadership qualities. Students with good academic results and who are in need of financial assistance may apply for the bursaries.
Who are eligible for The Ngee Ann Kongsi Tertiary Scholarships/Bursaries?
1. Student must be a Teochew and Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident of Singapore,
and of good character and conduct.
2. Student must be studying full-time or has been admitted for a full-time programme in:
(A) NUS / NTU / SMU / SUTD / SIT / SUSS; or
(B) Singapore / Ngee Ann / Temasek / Nanyang / Republic Polytechnic.
3. Student applying for bursary must attain a pass for each subject.
4. Student must only apply for Scholarship or Bursary and not both.
5. Application from student in receipt of CDC/CCC/MOE bursary may be considered by the selection panel.
Value of the Awards
For one academic year only
Up to S$10,000.00
Up to S$5,000.00
Up to S$4,000.00
Up to S$2,500.00
NOTE: The Scholarship/Bursary is not automatically renewed for subsequent academic years.
The Scholarship/Bursary shall only be used to pay the tuition fees.
Download Scholarship Application Form Download Bursary Application Form
Applicants are reminded to mail photocopy of their supporting documents to:
The Ngee Ann Kongsi Tertiary Scholarships & Bursaries for AY2017/18
The Ngee Ann Kongsi
97 Tank Road
Important Dates of The Ngee Ann Kongsi Tertiary Scholarships & Bursaries for Academic Year 2017/18
Acceptance of Applications: 2nd June – 16th June 2017
Closing Date of Applications: 5pm, 16th June 2017
Interviews: Saturday, 15th July 2017 & Sunday, 16th July 2017
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified by email to attend the interviews.
NOTE: Failure to attend the interview is deemed as withdrawal.
Please provide photocopy of the following documents to be submitted with the application:
1. National Registration Identity Card – (NRIC, front & back).
2. Birth Certificate.
3. Proof of admission to Polytechnic or University (for 1st year students only).
4. Singapore – Cambridge General Certificate of Education “O” Level Certificate and/or Result slip or equivalent.
5. Singapore – Cambridge General Certificate of Education “A” Level Certificate and/or Result slip or equivalent.
6. Polytechnic and/or University results for all semesters. (With Cumulative Average Point or Grade Point Average)
7. Testimonials, co-curricular activities record, proof of awards received, etc.
8. For Bursary applicants, please submit proof of income for the household. All information on income must be
a) Employer’s certification letter; OR
b) Pay slip (preferably the past 3 months); OR
c) The latest income tax statement; OR
d) CPF statement of the past 12 months (if a, b, c are not available).
For self-employed family member, please attach an income declaration letter.
Award Ceremony: Saturday, 5th August 2017,11.30am at Ngee Ann Auditorium,
97 Tank Road, Teochew Building Level 2, Singapore 238066
Successful applicants who failed to attend the award ceremony without a valid reason shall be deemed to have withdrawn their applications.
Applications open on 2nd June 2017 for AY2017/18.
Early, late, incomplete applications will not be considered.