The Ngee Ann Kongsi gives out tertiary awards annually to deserving Teochew students. Scholarships are given to students with good academic results while study awards are given to those who need financial assistance.
Who are eligible for The Ngee Ann Kongsi Tertiary Awards?
- Student must be a Teochew and Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident of Singapore, and of good character and conduct.
- Student must be studying full-time or has been admitted for a full-time programme in:
(A) NUS / NTU / SMU / SUTD / SIT / SUSS (collectively known as “University”); or
(B) Singapore / Ngee Ann / Temasek / Nanyang / Republic Polytechnic (collectively known as “Polytechnic”).
- Student applying for study awards must attain a pass for each subject.
- Successful students must not concurrently hold another scholarship/bursary except Higher Education Community Bursary (formerly CDC/CCC Bursary) or Higher Education Bursary (formerly MOE Bursary).
Value of the Awards
For one academic year only
Distinguished Scholar Award
Tuition fee + S$8,000/-
Up to S$12,000/-
Up to S$7,000/-
Up to S$4,500/-
Up to S$3,000/-
NOTE: Tertiary Awards are not automatically renewed for subsequent academic years. Re-application in the following year is required. Tertiary Awards will be disbursed to the awardee through his/her institution of study.
The Ngee Ann Kongsi Scholarship and Bursary Alumni (NAKSB) will be holding an information session on 7 June 2020 (Sunday) to cover the changes to the award types and other information.
Details of Information Session:
Date: 7 June (Sunday)
Platform: Zoom (The Zoom link to the session will be sent at a later date)
Interested applicants may sign up via link by 4 June 2020, Thursday (12pm).
To apply for the Tertiary Awards:
Please provide photocopy of the following documents to be submitted with the application:
- Birth Certificate.
- Proof of admission to Polytechnic or University (for 1st year students only).
- Singapore – Cambridge General Certificate of Education “O” Level Certificate and/or Result slip or equivalent.
- Singapore – Cambridge General Certificate of Education “A” Level Certificate and/or Result slip or equivalent.
- Polytechnic and/or University results for all semesters. (With Cumulative Average Point or Grade Point Average)
- Testimonials, co-curricular activities record, proof of awards received, etc.
- For Study Awards, please submit proof of income for the household. All information on income must be accompanied by:
a) Employer’s certification letter; OR
b) Pay slip (preferably the past 3 months); OR
c) The latest income tax statement; OR
d) CPF statement of the past 12 months (if a, b or c is not available).
For self-employed family member, please attach a self-declared income letter (format as provided).
Please mail your completed application form with photocopies of supporting documents by 12 June 2020 to:
The Ngee Ann Kongsi Tertiary Awards for AY 2020/21
The Ngee Ann Kongsi
563A Balestier Road
Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Important Dates of The Ngee Ann Kongsi Tertiary Awards for Academic Year 2020/21
Application Period: 1 June – 12 June 2020
Closing Date: 5pm, 12 June 2020 (Post-marked date)
Interviews: Saturday, 11 July 2020 & Sunday, 12 July 2020
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified by email to attend the interviews.
NOTE: Failure to attend the interview is deemed as withdrawal.
Award Ceremony: Saturday, 1 August 2020, 2.30pm at Ngee Ann Secondary School Auditorium,
1 Tampines Street 32, Singapore 529283. (Subject to change)
Successful applicants who failed to attend the award ceremony without a valid reason shall be deemed to have withdrawn their applications.